How to Protect the Historical Building’s Safety?
A century-old farm tool factory was rebuilt as an apartment in 2003, and it retains many historical and architectural features. However, precisely in order to preserve its historical features, this building hardly has any anti-theft measures or access control preparations. There are too many places that need to be changed to adopt a common access control system. Not only need to wire, but also need to destroy the door frame to install the electric door lock and card reader. This is not only extremely costly, but also extremely destructive. At the same time, it is also aesthetically challenging.
The foresighted homeowner and the board of directors decided to adopt the Vanma smart lock system to install an access control system for the apartment without wiring to improve the security of the apartment.
Vanma Maintenance Security Integration Department worked with the homeowner and the board of directors to develop an integrated solution that is practical and safe, and has the following advantages:
- Easy installation. Only need to remove the original mechanical lock, and then install the Vanma smart lock. In some places, you don’t even need to disassemble, just replace the previous padlock with a Vanma passive electronic padlock. The whole process will not exceed 2 minutes.
- Greatly reduce costs.
- All-metal, heavy-duty locksets.
- Fingerprint verification. Fingerprint verification is required before unlocking. If the fingerprints do not match, the lock cannot be successfully unlocked.
- The lock can be unlocked at the designated time. The board can set the time when the key is valid in the system (for example: 10 am to 3 pm). Only during this period of time, employees can use the key to open the lock.
- Records. The board of directors can view the unlocking records of employees in the Smart Lock System. When problems arise, employees can be prevented from shirking their responsibilities.