The Ultimate Guide to Replace a Vending Machine Lock
When a vending machine’s lock breaks or the key is lost, you have to replace a lock, and sometimes need to pick or drill. Vending machines usually come with a barrel lock, which is highly secure and difficult to pick. So the easiest way to replace the lock is to drill out the vending machine lock and replace it with another lock. Barrel locks are similar to tubular locks; you can choose a tubular lock or a barrel lock to replace the original lock.
Prepare the Following Tools in Advance
- Drill Bits – 1/4 inch drills and smaller size drills 1/8 inch or smaller
- Viceor needle nose pliers
- New barrel lock ortubular lock
5 Steps of Replacement Vending Machine Locks
- Make sure the vending machine is in a stable and safe position.
- Wear safety goggles to protect your eyes from any metal debris in the air during drilling.
- Wrap tape around 1/4 inch of each drill bit as a marker. In some cases, you may need to drill deeper (1/8 inch) to reach the black pin that holds the lock to the nut.
- Start by drilling a 1/4-inch-deep hole in the center of the lock with a 1/8-inch or smaller drill bit.Then using a larger 1/4 drill bit, drill another larger hole in the original hole, which will destroy the internal structure of the lock before it can be removed. Some locks are installed so tightly that the lock cannot be removed even though it has been destroyed. This will be done by inserting a screwdriver into the lock hole and twisting it, and a sharp nose pliers can also assist in pulling and twisting, and then the lock housing can be completely removed.
- Now you can put a new lock on the vending machine.
Place the new lock that is prepared in advance, into the hole. Turn it until it clicks into place. Before you close the vending machine door, test the lock key to make sure the new lock works and will work properly in the old hole, and here you have a new lock for your vending machine.
Relevant Lock Recommended
- 1 key unlocks 10,000 locks
- Set unlocking right
- Record unlocking and locking data, including person, time, place, lock ID
- No power, no wiring