How to Protect the Safety of Utility Security?
Executives of public utility companies have long worried about one issue: the safety of power companies. Because power companies are vulnerable to physical and cyber-attacks. These saboteurs include not only terrorists, but also former employees. These former employees were dissatisfied with the company and decided to tamper with public facilities without authorization in the form of a prank. But in fact, their consequences are the same as terrorists. They have disrupted the local and even national power supply and the generation and transmission of public utilities.
One of the reasons why they are so easy is also because the electric power department is usually located in the suburbs, remote and unmanned. The protection measures are only cameras and fences, which cannot stop people who want to do damage.
In order for public utilities to comply with physical security requirements, they need at least one physical access control system. After careful consideration, they chose the Vanma smart lock management system. The main reasons are as follows:
- Stainless steel material: Vanma’s padlocks are made of stainless steel, and the protection rate reaches IP65. This allows the padlock to be used normally in rainy days.
- One key unlocks multiple locks: Smart electronic lock unlock needs to be equipped with a special electronic key, and this one electronic key can unlock multiple electronic locks, unlock more efficiently, solve the key clutter, management difficulties. And the number of keys can be reduced from 3,000 to 1,100.
- Flexible Authorization: Each key can be authorized by the software, allowing the key to unlocking which lock, or what period to unlock, convenient for management. The permission is granted only on the employee’s working day, and the lock cannot be opened at other times.
- Blacklist: When the key is lost, a blacklist can be set in the smart lock system so that the lost key does not have any permission to unlock any lock.
- Record Lock/Unlock Information: according to the Vanma smart lock management system, the records can be viewed, and the responsibility can be traced back to the specific employee.