How to Protect Historical Sites?
Access control has been the most important part of historical sites. All over the world, a large number of artworks have been stolen or even destroyed. These people may be thieves, tourists, or even internal staff.
Different situations require different access control systems. But often a historical site will contain multiple venues: art exhibition halls, cultural relics exhibition halls. How to use the same access control system to protect historical sites has become a difficult problem. Fortunately, Vanma smart lock system can do it.
What challenges will be faced?
Historical sites usually have great appeal. Basically, everyone will go to local historical sites. For example, in France, 800,000 to 12 million tourists visit historical sites every year. This has brought huge difficulties to the maintenance of historical sites. It is also a difficulty for all access control systems.
Historical sites generally contain many spaces: history museums, art galleries, offices, warehouses, etc. In addition, there are often some subcontractors, which makes the situation more complicated.
Assign temporary permissions. Mainly used for subcontractors, for example, they are only assigned a few hours of unlocking authority.
Different identities can be set. For example administrators, staff, etc. The staff can only view the data and cannot perform other operations.
The system preferably has a recording function. When an accident occurs, managers can see whether there are internal employees involved.
1. Famously easy to install and manage
Access control systems in ancient buildings must be seamlessly integrated into the sites. In many cases, doors cannot be changed, and cables cannot be laid if they require holes to be drilled into walls or channels excavated in the ground. Vanma smart lock is a passive electronic lock. In other words, it does not require power wiring.
2. Powerful management system
- Flexible Authorization: Each key can be authorized by the software, allowing the key to unlocking which lock, or what period to unlock, convenient for management. The permission is granted only on the employee’s working day, and the lock cannot be opened at other times.
- Blacklist: When the key is lost, a blacklist can be set in the smart lock system so that the lost key does not have any permission to unlock any lock.
- Record Lock/Unlock Information: according to the Vanma smart lock management system, the records can be viewed, and the responsibility can be traced back to the specific employee.
- One key unlocks multiple locks: Smart electronic lock unlock needs to be equipped with a special electronic key, and this one electronic key can unlock multiple electronic locks, unlock more efficiently, solve the key clutter, management difficulties. And the number of keys can be reduced from 3,000 to 1,100.